Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Lasting Love

Funny how ART is a lasting thing
It is a part of us
It is the sum of ALL parts of us

I know this as I approach the canvas
It kind of just takes off and does its
own thing
It springs to life
and I merely hold the brush
pull the colors
that my spirit wants

None of it is with intention
None of it is with direction.

Sure there are colors that I want to see
or ones that I just need that day
Or the snap decision that the 
combination works for some reason.

But I never sketch first
or block out shapes
I know artists that do that
and I admire the direction that their creation takes
Mine just does not work that way

Sometimes I want to be lighter and
approach color slowly
starting with neutrals
and sometimes color reigns

It is all a big mystery
and the lasting love of my life